25 May 2007

Countdown to New Attitude 07

Well, the semester with all of its stresses and pressures is now over and summer break has arrived. These past few months have not been without periods of spiritual dryness in my life, but the Lord has once again demonstrated His faithfulness to me. Why do I doubt Him? How precious are verses like this one:

if we are faithless, He remains faithful—
for He cannot deny Himself.

2 Timothy 2:13

On Saturday I will be headed to Louisville for the New Attitude 07 conference. The theme is “Humble orthodoxy takes discernment” and the speaker line-up is fantastic: John Piper (!), CJ Mahaney, Al Mohler, Mark Dever, Josh Harris, and Eric Simmons. Lord willing, I will be posting a blog each day of the conference with a recap as well as some of my thoughts. I’m very excited to see how God will work in our hearts during the four days at NA… I hope to return home with clearer spiritual vision of Jesus Christ, a deeper love for Him as He shines forth in the Scriptures, and a more passionate commitment to serve the body of Christ.

Stay tuned for more in a couple days.

No comments: